Tuesday, November 13, 2018

This Young Country


  




Image result for pangeaAmerica, actually, hasn't been around all that long.  The land that became America was inhabited by people who happened to be there during Pangaea, when the continents split.  From about 280-230 million years ago, the continent we now know as North America was continuous with Africa, South America, and Europe.  Pangaea first began to be torn apart when a three-pronged fissure grew between Africa, South America, and North America.  Today the Mesozoic and Cenozoic sedimentary rock layers that lie beneath much of the coastal plain and fringing continental shelf remain nearly horizontal.  So, where were you during the continental drift? 


Let all this information sink in.  Was the Bethlehem Jesus was born in the Middle East as we know it; a continent away?  As far as I know, I'd always thought of Bethlehem in the Middle East.  In the Bible, the only other land I remember reading about was Gog, which became the area we know as Russia.   Pangaea is thought to be over 200 million years ago.  Bethlehem as I know it has a finite time; way after Pangaea.  Where was everybody at year 1?
Related image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stormy Daniels and our need for female Mentors

For over 50 years I have watched the America's women's movement, since I was 13 years old.  By the time I hit the work world, pa...