Saturday, August 19, 2017

Military Brat Life - Racism


The more caca I read and hear and how everybody hates everybody else, I am thankful for the growing up I had that was NOT like any of the heathens from the outside.
I was born and raised a military Brat and I retired from the military. There IS NO color, just people doing what they are there to do. School life with children of all colors and backgrounds was the norm. Getting a good education was the norm.  People of all colors living in the same neighborhoods was the norm.  At one post we lived, one next door neighbor was black, the other were Mexicans.  Across the street were Asian kids; down the street were mixed black/white kids, and of course the white kids.  Whoopee doo doo.  We all played together.  We all went to school with each other.  We ate with each other.  We hung out together.  We did everything together.  And we believed the same way - that we were all just people, here to do what we were here to do, to keep on pursuing our adventures of assuring peace, justice, and the American way.
This civilian population is who needs to live behind the gates of hate. There is no room out here for hate to overrun the productivity and sensibility for people to live peaceful, productive lives that do nothing more than help others and bring communities together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stormy Daniels and our need for female Mentors

For over 50 years I have watched the America's women's movement, since I was 13 years old.  By the time I hit the work world, pa...